Serious Injury Solicitor
Closing DateNovember 30, 2021
Bond Turner is going through an extremely exciting period of growth, having just opened our 3rd office in another major city! We are part of the Anexo Group Plc and have fantastic opportunities available for ambitious individuals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Solicitor or equivalent to be part of our specialist large/complex loss team in Bolton.
Day to day you will be dealing with a wide range of high value personal injury cases including severe orthopaedic trauma/fractures, amputations, internal injuries, Chronic Pain, PTSD/Psychiatric injuries and a growing and respected niche brain injury. The team works with leading experts and counsel in the niche field of brain injuries with a nationwide reach and aims to secure the best outcomes for clients working closely with their family/friends and treating practitioners where appropriate.
The role will entail assisting with high value/complex Injury cases as required and in addition to growing your own caseload in due course. You must be able to manage all client matters to a high standard in order to provide a high level of client care and strive to secure the best outcomes for our clients. You will be working for a wide range of injury cases predominantly cyclists/vulnerable road users arising from Road Traffic Accidents but we also deal with some EL/PL cases.
You must have proven experience of running your own caseload/assisting on large cases and litigating Claimant multi-track cases from start to finish. You will also have a good understanding of and be able to apply the pre-action protocol for personal injury claims, the Civil Procedure Rules and The Rehabilitation Code 2015 as required.
The right candidate will also be a good team player and work collegiately in our supportive and friendly team. We are willing to consider applicants from both a defendant and claimant background.
- Deal with all aspects of injury cases including investigating liability, causation and quantum in a timely manner in accordance with the relevant rules, protocols and internalSLAs.
- Analyse all evidence obtained to accurately and efficiently progress cases to resolution or litigation as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- Manage files efficiently including adherence to timescales, deadlines, use the case management system to progress cases, maintain a good diary system and accurately record time.
- Take responsibility for tasks/files delegated to you to ensure they are completed to a high standard within deadlines set.
- Review large records/documentation on matters, analyse and identify relevant entries and deal with them effectively through taking client instructions and expert evidence as appropriate.
- Arrange, attend conferences with counsel, note up, report to client and Senior Fee Earner and take resultant action.
- Instruct medical and non-medical experts as appropriate.
- Obtain liability evidence as appropriate such as accident report forms, police reports, 999 calls, locus reports, CCTV and witness evidence as appropriate.
- Work independently but also identify and seek supervision from Senior Fee Earner when necessary.
- Arrange and attend client meetings remotely and in person restrictions permitting.
- Be confident in dealing with costs budgets within strict deadlines and provide appropriate instructions to costs lawyers.
- Confidently deal with and adhere to Court directions on litigated cases from service, directions questionnaires up to and including ADR and Trial.
- Prepare chronologies, case summaries and accurately paginated and hyperlinked bundles that can be e-filed electronically.
- Have a good understand of the procedure in the QDB of the High Court and confidently deal with High Court staff and Judges.
- Efficiently delegate to paralegal and legal support staff to ensure work is completed in a timely manner and court, or other, deadlines are adhered to.
- Ensure financial aspects of matters including billing/ time recording is managed well and hit any financial targets set.
- Draft complex documents such as briefs, Schedules of Loss and witness statements to a high standard.
- Research and apply an understanding of the law and be able to explain complex documents in plain English.
- Qualified Solicitor in England & Wales or equivalent.
- Have good IT skills and be Proficient in the using case management systems and applications such as Microsoft Word, excel.
- Previous experience (dependant on the seniority of role required) of managing cases within their area of expertise
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and be able to prioritise work and deadline.
- Must have great spoken and written communication skills.
Applicants are currently being shortlisted and interviews are being arranged, please apply for immediate consideration.← Back to Current Vacancies